11.1.13

Lolita Blog Carnival #16: 1 Piece, 4 Seasons.

Considering I live in one of the hottest places in the U.S. (when I recently left home to come to California on some family business, it was a whopping 28°C and winter had pretty much come and gone), I may not be the best choice for this Lolita Blog Carnival topic, but I couldn't resist doing another similar piece after the last wardrobe challenge.

This time I took another favourite Metamorphose jumperskirt of mine, my Candy Star Rabbit JSK. I asked my boyfriend to photograph it for me on his iPhone since I was out of town this week, so it won't be done quite the same way as my last wardrobe challenge, to my dismay. ;A; All the items I'll be using I own or look very similar to something I own, since a lot of photos are going to be the stock images. I wasn't able to find one for this Jumperskirt surprisingly, so that's why I had to call in a favour. ;D

Generally prints make it so easy to make multiple coordinates out of, just because there are a wide variety of colours that can be picked out of the print. Metamorphose always goes crazy with their colours too, which just makes it more fun!




Spring 

The sun is just starting to come out, so a light mint cardigan (from H&M) can be worn on this coordinate since the weather can fluctuate from slightly chilly to nice and balmy. Time to whip out those sunglasses too! I also paired it with some lighter pastels since spring time is always a time to embrace those soft colours~

Summer

If you're a lolita who braves this season in all her frills, congrats to you! I know I can only do it if I am guaranteed to be staying inside the whole day. ;A; A light, short-sleeved blouse and cute ankle-length socks can be worn with this jumperskirt for a more Otome feel. Go ahead and forgo the layered petticoats and just wear one light one this season, it's hot!!

Fall

This is a fairly simple coordinate that requires folding down the top of the jumperskirt to make it into a skirt and wearing a long-sleeved cutsew (an Angelic Pretty replica by Bodyline) with it. I also incorporated a cute pair of rain boots because it tends to rain a lot in the fall, (especially where I live, hurricane season!!) and a little beret since the humidity tends to destroy both natural hair and wigs.

Winter

Again recycling the Bodyline cutsew, but this time you can wear it underneath the jumperskirt normally to double the layers, and remember to bring that big coat along! Complete with Ergi's bunny hood, you can bet you're all snuggly and warm. I really love my Angelic Pretty scarf with this coordinate as well. I probably had the most fun with this coordinate because I never get to dress this warmly. ;A; For that reason, I also don't even own the shoes I used here, I never have a reason to go this furry. D=

Check out what the other Lolita Blog Carnival participants could wear year-round!




14 comments:

  1. Your fall coordinate is just too adorable! I love how you matched the red in the skirt to the tights and cutsew, it's such a striking coordinate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Caro!! I have such a hard time coordinating this piece sometimes because it uses a lot of colours I'm not a huge fan of on myself personally. *A*

      Delete
  2. The dressed you picked it so cute, and I love your fall coordinate. You did a wonderful job with this topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! =D I'm glad you liked it~ I'm surprised so many people are liking the fall coordinate, I feel like that and Summer could have been improved the most. ;A;

      Delete
  3. i love your autumn outfit~ the red and pink match really nicely with the cute red details on the dress! also, i have this print too in navy and it's absolutely gorgeoussss - you have good taste !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =D I'm so jealous you have it in Navy, that's the colourway I originally wanted but I couldn't find it anywhere! I just settled for this since Harajuku Hearts had it in stock at the time.

      And thank you again, I'm so flattered you think so!

      Delete
  4. Hey there, fellow lover of colorful prints! ^_^ I love love looove the autumn coord, especially the way you paired it with a cutsew in a skirt style. I often forget that a JSK can be changed up like that for further versatility <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the unconventional colours Meta uses! Either you can wear something over it (but I wouldn't recommend it with this JSK since it has a lot of bulky parts), or you can fold it down and use a waist belt to keep it up, since it would slide right down with a tug otherwise. Happy switching!

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfits!! :D specially the bunny one ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the winter outfit too. *A*

      Delete
  6. so cute coords,I love polyvore ^___^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Polyvore too!! These I actually made in Photoshop though, I didn't have the time to go through and save all the pieces I needed. ;A;

      Delete
  7. Hii!!! Your dress is so beautiful! I search it desesperatly... where did you find the candy star rabbit with red satin knots? bisous bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I originally found it on Harajuku Hearts' website years back, but you may have luck finding it on auction websites like mbok.jp or auctions.yahoo.co.jp! Just do a search for "Candy Star" and that usually turns up some hits! Best of luck. =)

      Delete

Feel free to leave a question or a comment! =) I try to answer them as quickly as possible, so please check back!